February 7, 2008

president hinckley

he was my most favorite prophet. i was actually still in arizona when i heard of his passing. when i first heard the news, i surprised myself. i always wondered how i would react when he finally left this world. and i wasn't sad. i was really happy for him. he was finally reunited with his dear, sweet companion once more. he was such a great and loving man. i remember when he came to window rock to speak. he expressed his great love for the navajo nation, urged each of us to continue our education and become strong leaders within the church. i was part of the choir so i couldn't go out to shake his hand. but, my dad and my brother, darrell did. he and his wife also rode in our car from and back to the airport. we had the opportunity to go to the viewing and the funeral...but unfortunately didn't make it. however, with his passing came an increased motivation to make improvements. sam had said, "you know, i want to be more like president hinckley. i want our marriage to be like theirs." i think everyone wants their marriage to be more like the hinckleys. they were always so sweet when they were together. but to be honest, sam is truly an incredible husband. the perfect husband for me. and when he had made the comment about the hinckley's marraige, it made me love him even more. president hinckley and his wife were truly remarkable and inspiring people. they will be greatly missed.

2 comments:

  1. I was in the choir too when he spoke to the Navajo Nation...we sounded great.;) Thank you for your thoughts, I too am happy for him, he was an amazing man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. I just thought I'd stop on by your blog...
    We saw your Dad this weekend in Crystal. He bore his testimony about Pres Hinckley and told us the story about the car and shaking hands. My brothers and I were in the choir too and my mom lead it. Funny, small world, well, of course, on the Rez it is, but I just wanted to let you know...Oh, I just remembered, my Dad was in the car with him and drove him around and to the airport. He was working with the NN Prez at the time. Oh well, maybe we'll meet President Monson! Take care...

    ReplyDelete