November 10, 2008

little big mouth and tricky treaters...

so i think i'm almost two weeks behind with this. oh well. i know i've been promising the grandparents a view of the halloween pictures. i told isaiah and makayah we'd have to take pictures before we went out trick-or-treating. isaiah sighed and rolled his eyes, "sorry mom, but that's not a good idea." oh really? that's his new thing to say these days. "mom, that's a bad idea." tough luck, kid. ;) they were so excited to get dressed up my little princess... and my ninja turtle! we took the kids out for about an hour. they ran from house to house, bubbling with excitement. CANDY!!! isaiah would forget to say "trick or treat." lucky for him, makayah was there, "TREAT!" the unsuspecting treat givers would crouch down with their bowlfuls of candy, and makayah couldn't wait. she'd stick her tiny hands in and grab handfuls of junk. oopsie. we'd tried to prompt some sort of politeness, but all isaiah could say was, "NEXT HOUSE!" at least makayah gave her version of thanks, "taynt too!" with two pumpkin-full bags of loot, we were on our way home. anyway, it was my first time on the halloween trek. usually i'm the one to stay home and pass out candy. i'm so glad i went, i loved it and we all had so much fun together.

6 comments:

  1. Isaiah and Makayah look adorable!
    P.S I hope you come East too, we would love to have more friends in Boston. There are lots of law schools in Boston, I'm sure where ever Sam applies, he will be a top candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was a good idea. You have absolutely beautiful kids--even if one of them is a ninja turtle. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Good to see you and your beautiful family at the pow-wow!! Blogging is great cause I feel like I haven't even left! haa haa I get to keep up to date with all of our friends through this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh cute pics... your turtle pic is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I hope you guys don't go back east. Stay here in Provo with us, it would so fun. We're just getting to know you guys. Sam, Rett, and I would all be in law school together, it would be awesome! Well, it was good talking to you this weekend, we're so excited for the party. You're children are so adorable. Kainoa is so excited for the party, he's been asking me everyday about it. We'll see you this weekend. Love ya, The Lams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your son has so much personality, i love that we talk more... let me know if you run into any high school folks. trying to get info for reunion.love ya

    ReplyDelete