April 30, 2011

April Tidbits


*isaiah's quote of the day: "mom, where's my piggy bank? the people in japan need it." he took his entire jar of coins to his school fundraiser. i love that kid.

*makayah came sniffling in, "mom, isaiah and i had a coconut splash." 
i love her made up words.

*makayah found a sparkly loose gem while we were out shopping. she pushed it up her nose thinking...maybe that it would magically appear as a nose stud??? luckily it wasn't up too high and sam flicked it out. first, and hopefully last things-shoved-up-noses incident. now she "knows."

*mims has sprouted her first little nub of a tooth. she gets cuter and sweeter everyday, how is this possible?!  i love my mims.

*isaiah's poem:
"inside my heart lives
a birthday party 
and two puppies."

*organic wild rice and lentil soup with kale...and homemade organic honey wheat dinner rolls. not too shabby. i also used the extra dough to make cinnamon buns. very yummy. 

*princess kate's wedding. makayah's quote of the day: "mom! did i miss the princess? did i miss the carriage? did i miss the castle? did i? oh, *sigh*, i didn't."

*makayah's quote of the day: "mom, let's play house. i'll be the mom and you be the 'honey'."

*isaiah's first day of soccer league. he was so DANG CUTE! i love my little man.

*While discussing immigration law in class today. I was asked what my "status" was in this country. I may have pissed off a few people when I replied I was more "American" than anyone else in the room. Sometimes I wish there more Ndns around to back me up.

*You know you are moving along in life when you get excited about test driving a mini-van

*Picked up the new car today. Took the family out to celebrate at Red Lobster and am looking forward to this Summer. I am going to miss my highlander though, that car was awesome.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment