May Tidbits
*i have been officially notified that mother's day is now over...and that sam has washed his hands of "my" children. lol
*today, makayah played "beauty shop" with samiyah. that entailed spritzing her hair with sam's travel-sized downy wrinkle spray. and i only left the room for ONE minute. i suppose that is what little sisters are for.
*Officially done with 2L year! Whoo hoo!
*a boy at the library to makayah as we were leaving: "where are you going?"
mak: "home."
boy: "do you have to go? when will i see you again?"
mak: "next wednesday!"
*Makayah's quote of the day: "mom, you know what your hair does when you take your braids out? It goes 'zig, zig, zig!'"
*makayah's quote of the day: "mom, where are the 'crowns'?"
you mean, 'CRAY-ONS?'
"ugh. mom, i'm just a little girl who doesn't know how to say 'CROWNS'!"
*Woke up in a panic at 8am thinking Isaiah was late for school. Then I realized today was a holiday and fell back asleep for a bit. It was a great night's sleep, made even better knowing there was nothing urgent to wake for.
*FHE tonight with the kids: "Makayah, where were we before we were here on Earth?" "We were in Canada."
*i'm studying in the basement of my apartment building. Don't know why I never thought of it sooner. It is cool, quiet and children free. Great for studying!!
*Is laying in bed but can hear his wife singing baby to sleep in the next room. Love her voice.
*First day of work. Check. ILSA get together. Check. Working out on the court and in the weight room. Check. No one to check in with or clear my schedule with. Check. So this is what life is like as a bachelor? Meh. Overrated. I miss my kids and the missus.
*Aww man I pigged out last night thinking it was the end of the world. Boo hoo. Although I was scared for a split second when I woke up and found Monika was not asleep next to me, but then I smelled bacon cooking and all was fine.
Thank you Jesus for wives and bacon.
*Came out of the movie theater tonight and it was so warm and humid. It almost felt like Phoenix or Vegas in early spring! Great date night with the missus, saw Bridesmaids - too funny!***
No comments:
Post a Comment