September 4, 2004

Jake and Shakeh Open House, Love Ellen

Hello our lovely Monika! 

Tonite is our last night of laughs until I fly home tomorrow. We have had a blast-- enough to last us a few more months. Life will definitely be a struggle here, but oh well, if it's not one thing it would be another. 
Jake is great although he is feeling down because they didn't play him at all today and his dad and his new wife took off right after the game to sightsee in Gettysburg, so he hasn't seen him at all since they arrived yesterday afternoon.... and they are leaving tomorrow. I feel so bad for him with all that's been going on (car theft, etc). He does have one thing going for him in his favor and that's Shakeh!

They have the right blend and balance of strengths for each other. He is without guile and she is without fear. He is patient and tolerant and she is ambitious and energetic. etc. They will do fine.

Jake won'[t get off for Christmas break until the 20th of December at the earliest. It sounds as though he wants to go to Utah at that point. Maybe they will caravan with you to AZ to meet GGMA Mary. Anyway, the Open House may not take place until January in Okotoks...??? (if at all) hmm. So much depends on $$$, you know. They may need to move from this place within the next few months. It seems plans change day to day. I'm sure she'll tell you more about everything.

We LOVE you, Monika ( and we love you, too, Sam!)! Shakeh still has the bouquet she caught at your reception and their bedroom has incorporated that scheme. We wish we all lived closer. She wants to fly out for Isaiah's blessing so bad!
Gotta go! I'll write more when I get home.

Love You!
Mom Crowfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment