September 28, 2004

Pray for the Chief, Love Merriam

Hello my Loved One (and Loved Ones). This came from Merriam today. I feel the Spirit in what she has written. I thought it worthy to share for all our benefit.
Sam, I got the fax and I will take it to Cheryl tonite. I know she will love the 'Amen and Hallelujah!" best of all! HA!

Ellen, 

thanks for the e-mail about the Chief. When we talked earlier this summer I could sense a heavy feeling in his voice. I know he is tremendously burdened. 
It doesn't seem fair that the weight of a "nation" should rest on one man. But what a great man he is. Take him in your arms and hold him and comfort him. Remind him of his great worth. I know we feel like they never do that for us, but that is our gift to give. I am glad that you let us know what is going on. We are a family and as times and trials worsen we need eachother's thoughts and prayers more and more. 
We had a Christmas Program Committee meeting lastnight in our home. It was so strengthening to have them here and to kneel in prayer together. It was a beautiful moment and the love was so strong. I am grateful for the "adopted" family I have here. And even more grateful for all of you. I read Mom's thoughts for you and Strater and I feel much the same way. 
We love Strater and it hurts us to know what he is going through and our initial response is to quit and get out. Pearls before the swine...He has tried and tried for YEARS. They may not even yet be ready. I don't know what the answer is for you and would not be so presumptuous as to "tell" you what to do, but I DO KNOW that the Lord will answer your prayers and lead and guide you. 
I read in a book by Neal A Maxwell this quote: In a sermon the Prophet Joseph Smith rendered a verse in the Book of Hebrews differently. Paul said, "God is a REWARDER of them that diligently seek him." The Prophet Joseph rendered it, "God is a REVEALER to them that diligently seek him..." I know that as your family diligently seeks Him to know His will for you, He will REVEAL it to you! 
Another one I read that may be of comfort or help to you is this: "The storm fronts that come into our lives will not last forever. We can surmount the drifts of difficulties and we can hold out if we maintain our perspective and faith....Just as we know there is a SUN just beyond today's cloud cover, so we must not doubt the continued, watchful, and tutoring presence of THE SON in spite of the stormy seasons in our lives." 
And this, the best one and the one that I feel is happening to Strater: "Trials and tribulations tend to squeeze the artificiality out of us, leaving the essence of what WE REALLY ARE AND CLARIFYING WHAT WE REALLY YEARN FOR." This experience has clarified what he really yearns for...his family. His ETERNAL family!! Nothing is as important!!! 
Strater is an exceptional man with exceptional talents and that comes with a lot of self doubt. It's incredible how they can exist at the same time in a human being, but they go hand in hand. 
He will battle that until he can allow himself to believe in who he his in the Savior's eyes. He is clay in his hands right now. Let the Lord make of him what He would. If the Lord wants him to continue on in service to his people, then He will make it possible and will open up the way. Miracles will happen. If the answer is not to continue, then he can leave office knowing that he has done what he could and can "return with honor" knowing that he has tried with full purpose of heart with his head held high. He has never wanted anything but good for his people. 
Keep us posted on how things are going. You are always in our prayers. We love your family so much. Thank you for praying for us too. The gospel is a glorious gift that we must never take for granted. 
With all my love, Meg 
P.S. Did you hear that Jenifer is out of the hospital? She is staying with Aunt Elaine for awhile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment