September 28, 2008

Stun-gun Coyote (not my real name), it is about time!

So listen....I have had a little victory today, a small tidbit of personal triumph I guess you could call it. Turns out that today my homeboy "Rabid Fox" (not his real name but a pseudonym to protect his real identity) and I each scored our personal best on a practice LSAT under actual test conditions. I have scored higher in the past... but not under actual test conditions elbow to elbow with other wannabe law students. Although my score was not exactly the kind of thing I want to display in the sky like the Batman logo, I am still happy with the progress that I am making. Leaps and bounds it may not be, but the battle is raging forth, onward to victory, that illustrious goal of acceptance to a law school. Sooner or later it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine. Anyone who knows me knows that patience is not one of my strong suits - I cannot stand stupid people, or drama queens - however persistence, good old fashion effort with a capital "E", and the prospect of working a dead end job for the rest of my life while others whiz past me in the fast lane as I putter down the road in a one-eyed Chevy Luv truck keep me motivated. Today, oh day of days I can sit back, look at my progress and say, "It is about damn time I started to show some signs of improvement. Finally daddy is running with the big boys!" Of course immediately after these words depart from my mouth I will take a deep breath, grit my teeth, look at the still incredibly long and hard road before me and take another step, and then another, and then another.....

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, we're glad all the hard work has paid off. We're sure you do great in Dec.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice SC, tell RF congrats too... is he in the ACE thing too?

    ReplyDelete