August 12, 2007

A highlight of my life

There are few things outside of family and church that have made my highlight reel of life. I mean being married, having kids, coming home from a mission are all top highlights for me in life, but there are other events that top the list in a different category, the "worldly" category. On July 22nd, I experienced one such event. While we were in Las Vegas for my brother's tournament, we happen to get tickets to see Team USA play basketball. This was just as good as an All-Star game, I was able to see Lebron, Kobe, Stoudemire, Billups, Durant, DWade, Marion, Kidd, Heinrich, Tayshaun and others play in a real live competitive game. The reason why this has been such a treat for me is because I grew up in rural, Indian reservation Alberta Canada. We only had 3 TV channels growing up and while I was able to see plenty of Hockey, we were not able to see any NBA games or any other pro sports via television. I have been to only a handful of pro games and for me to see the latest and greatest NBA stars all play on one court in my town (where I served my mission) was a dream come true. So I had to share a picture from that day with you. It is of Lebron and Kobe guarding against each other. As much as I hate to say it, Kobe is the best player in the game right now talent and skill wise. He won the game with his last minute shot and I was lucky enough to be only 13 rows or so from the game floor. It was definitely a highlight of my life in the "other" category. Oh yeah we also sat next to Lil Romeo and Master P ("Make em say unghh!!!!") Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment