August 11, 2007
Is my Liahona Working?
What's up people,
As most of you know graduation is upon us and we are headed to ....
That is the thing, we really have no idea where we are headed. I have applied for jobs in Ottawa, Tucson, and other places, but the thing is that no place "feels good" like Ottawa, Canada. We both have a feeling that this is where we need to be, I dunno, it feels right but it really is not about what we want, instead it is about what HE wants (Jacob 4:10). That being said I wonder if my Liahona is working properly, maybe I should give it a good shake like the magic 8-ball or something but I am pretty sure that won't work.
I am graduating from Brigham Young University with a degree in Political Science and while it has been a very hard and long journey, it (the degree) by itself will not prove as useful as would say a degree in Finance. The long term plan is to attend law school (this is where the degree counts) but for now having solely a Poli Sci degree means that available entry-level jobs are extremely limited.
This being the case we are really hoping that I get a job with the Assembly of First Nations (www.afn.ca), (these people specifically asked for a poli-sci major) a Native American Rights group working in their languages and cultural preservation department. The current status for that job as of now is that they are checking my references...that sounds good right? They would not be checking my references unless they were considering hiring me huh? But as I am sure you all know, nothing is for sure until it is for sure...and even then.
If it falls through, all is not lost, I have a few more jobs on the line but I cannot seem to get this one out of my mind. Maybe that means something... Regardless, we are moving and leaving Utah County for awhile. We hopefully will return for law school in the not too distant future.
So that is what is new with us from Sam's point of view,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love that Liahona... Someone said, it works when we work, is out of kilter when we are out of kilter, and is usually as receptive as we are receptive. Nothing like limbo to get us thinking if there is anything left undone or unsaid that should be made right.... Not to worry, Sam, Lehi didn't know where he was going either, only that it was time and that he should prepare for the journey. There you are, happy-landing on a chocolate bar! Having been through that a lifetime ago (yours), we are excited for you and your family and all who will have the privilege of your influence and friendship. Congrats on your grad and we will see you soon! xo Mom
ReplyDelete