isaiah got an owie on his finger the other day. it wasn't bleeding or anything.
he came up to both sam and i - who were still laying groggily in bed.
he told us he hurt his finger and asked if he could get a band-aid. i immediately took a look at it, kissed his finger and at the same time sam said no, i said, "yes."
isaiah stood there at the side of our bed, confused.
i kept my mouth shut, waiting...
sam continued, "you're not bleeding, toughen up, shake it off, you'll live. band-aids are for blood."
isaiah left, and after a moment of laughter from the two of us, sam said, "wow, the difference between mommies and daddies."
mommies: band-aids are for feeling better.
daddies: band-aids are for blood.
all i have to say is, i'm glad that sam is here. otherwise, i'm certain my boys would be overly mothered wimps. ;)
****
today i am grateful for:
*sam.
*my tough-skinned boy.
*laughter.
lol! I have to agree too too much pampering leads to unnecessary crying! I was such a tom boy growing up.. lol, that's probably why my kiddos are super rough and tough.. lol But some times bandaids are fun too!
ReplyDeleteyesterday found a letter from Sam from the mission field that made me howl-- no mercy for wimp companions either! photocopied it for your box of treasures to pass on when you get more settled.
ReplyDeleteamen to that I was talking to Dani aboout the difference, mommies: kiss and hug and say sweet things
ReplyDeleteDaddies: I can't wait til I can mess with her.
So different, both are so necessary.