hello from switzerland.
yesterday was my first trip to france...to the LIDL market. pronounced "leedel". but everything is "leedel" here. "don't put too much soap in...only a leedel bit"..."i like a lot of lemon zhiuce, not a leedel." so anyway, the market was cool...nice and quaint. but it seems so unconsumer friendly here. the europeans may be economical...but it is definately easier to get what you want back home. like STAMPS. good grief...maybe its just sis muller and she doesn't know whats going on, but she sure made buying stamps difficult. sam and i went shopping for food the other day...and less than a half pound of hamburger cost 8 franks... and it was so measly. forget that. we miss walmart... i did make navajo tacos for them last night. it was as close as i could get, seeing as there aren't alot of the spices sold here...no salsa? so i improvised and it came out tasting good... a little mideastern tasting. it was still yummy and sam said it made him homesick. oh...a funny "leedel" story. as i've started helping sis muller with dinner... i've noticed she uses any utensil nearby and that usually means whatever is lying in the dirty sink. so sam caught her using a dirty cup or spoon yesterday and he said, "hey we need to be sanitary, use the clean dishes...you'll get me sick" she replied, "ugh, say a good PRAYER" sam and i couldn't help but laugh. okay, well i need to go. isaiah is calling.
love you all, monika
******************************************
Hey sounds like you all are having a blast...the lady you live with seems entertaining...lol...just a leedel....i had a dream about stamps the other night because of this email...lol...well I am doing fine I like my job....I think it was just taking me time to get used to the idea of working....I had such a long break:) well I went on that date with Monty and let me tell you first off I was turned off. He didn't look like his pictures at all...not that looks matter
lol...well he kind of started to grow on me but there is something about the way he holds him self that turns me off...we went to Olive garden, then to the movies and then to my place and he looked at all my mission pictures and then he took me to dinner...sweet huh!... but I am giv'n him a second chance...I do like that he complements me tons...lol...but he called me the next day after our date and wanted to take me out again tomorrow...he travels all the way from Ogden to see me...
...but I guess we will see how we get along...anyways about that fry bread...did they love the tacos? are people nicer to you because you are brown? do they believe you are from the states....what type of neighborhood do you all live in?
lol...well he kind of started to grow on me but there is something about the way he holds him self that turns me off...we went to Olive garden, then to the movies and then to my place and he looked at all my mission pictures and then he took me to dinner...sweet huh!... but I am giv'n him a second chance...I do like that he complements me tons...lol...but he called me the next day after our date and wanted to take me out again tomorrow...he travels all the way from Ogden to see me...
...but I guess we will see how we get along...anyways about that fry bread...did they love the tacos? are people nicer to you because you are brown? do they believe you are from the states....what type of neighborhood do you all live in?
Love and miss ya'll tons!!!
Candi
*********************************************
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We love getting your letters. We can enjoy Europe vicariously since I'll probably never get there. We love the U.S. also. There is no place on earth quite like it. Some areas are a bit disheveled right now though. Maybe you haven't heard that there is another hurricane threatening the south. Galveston, Texas is the next area that might be hit
Monika how I wish you were here and my other girls so that we could all go and spend the day at the most fabulous quilting show here at the convention center. I am going to go every single day and absorb as much as I possibly can. The Utah State Quilting Guild is having their annual convention here this year. Have you ever been to one of their's?
Hug and kiss my little Isaiah and stay well. Those Navajo tacos sound great. Love you all. Great Granny Parson
No comments:
Post a Comment