Well,
I made it it was absolutely wonderful, the flight was really not all that bad and the trip went fast, I arrived in Geneva and and the Muller family met me and they picked me up....they are great people. They took me home and fed me lunch and then we went to the Lake ,( if you go on to Google and look at Geneva you will see the huge water fpuntain shooting out of the lake, well I went and stood underneath the thing) Sis. Muller then showed me around a little bit and then I bought a month long bus pass and then we went home.
However...there are for sure some things that need to be sorted out. The place where we are to stay is incredibly small, the bomb shelter is actually quite cozy but it is tiny and they come and go in and out of the basement as they please so I am worried about privacy. There are spider webs all over, the shower is seperate and it is our own, but the toilet is on the main floor and there is no room for Isaiah to crawl around in the house, they have a cute little garden, but it is still going to be difficult for baby in the wintertime. The place smells like moisture and their knick knacks and junk are all over, they only cleared a few shelves and for us to be comfortable especially you at home with the baby will be tough. So as exhausted as I am I will fight jet lag and track down a paper and start looking for places to stay.
I have told them that I am still going to try and look for a place to live but they think that I will not be able to find one that is cheap. In fact they insist that I am crazy to think that I can. But I replied that the Lord will make things work out, and they really can,t say much to that....(This keyboard is screwed up only half of the buttons are in the same place as the keyboards back home)
They are also kind of in my face a lot and that kinda gets tired fast. But they are doing their best to make sure I am comfortable so i can't fault them for that. Bro. Muller said they all speak english but bro. muller has Parkinsons disease and that makes his speech really slurred and I have to try and focus on every movement his lips make so that Î can understand him, he sounds like that one song by The Roots which has a great beat but the chorus is blurred and impossible to make out except for the words "don`t say nothing"
Okay I have pulled out 500 Swiss Francs, from UCCU and that is about 405.00, and I spent 78CHF on a bus pass which is about 63USD, so be sure to put money in UCC from Siksika, and leave the Canadian card with nate. Other than this I have spent no more money.
Things I forgot:
= nothing...that I can think of
= I was told that bringing a car seat does not count as luggage so it is okay to bring ours if you want, I will forward you the email that made me think of this
=bring another power bar for our appliances, there is a chance that I fried the one I brought by trying to plug it into the wall...the only reason why is because we might not have the proper adaptor, so bring another powerbar just incase.
= bring clothes that make you look really good, people here dress really trendy and they think they are all that, so show em up like you know how.
Damn it I miss you very much, I almost cried a few times en route, you really are my world. Things might be up in the air when you arrive but I will try to make it all better before you get here. I love you more than you will ever know. Kiss my son for me and tell him that his Poppa loves him more than he will ever know. I should go and try and find a place to live for us, I love you my queen.
Love,
Your King (Sam aka Poppa)
No comments:
Post a Comment