September 26, 2005

Lunch in Glion with Anne Marie. Love, Monika

Now, i consider myself a patient person...but I don't know whether to strangle the lady or hug and kiss her sometimes. Yesterday was amazing! (i finally found the exclamation point). We woke up around 5:30 am and had to rush to the chapel so we wouldn't get left behind. It was the ward temple trip to the Bern Suisse Temple. And we really wanted to go. Of course, I was dressed down in my jeans and a t-shirt because I was watching the baby...and because I'm the most forgetful person I know. I forgot to bring my temple recommend (No worries...there is another trip in November). So anyway, we were catching a ride there because the Mullers left the day before and staying in a hostile (an inexpensive lodging place for temple-goers). They were really pushing us to go with them on Friday night. I mean, REALLY PUSHY! 
"Ugh, this eez too bad you don't want to go to zee temple..." 
Sister Muller, we ARE going to the temple...
"yes, yes, but you are not going on Friday"
Anyway, it went on, and on...we just wanted to save 40 franks. Its only a two hour drive. So, we left Saturday morning and the temple was beautiful. I stayed outside with the rest of the babysitters. It was actually very nice. And then it began...I saw Sister Muller talking to one of the brothers in our ward. No doubt, she was trying to hunt me down. So I slid behind a tree, watching from a distance until the coast was clear. I "ran into" the brother that she was talking to and he told me that she was looking for me and wanted to meet Sam and I after the session was over. So I asked what session Sam made it to and he said the 10am, so he should be coming out between 12 and 1230. Great. So I took a walk with one of the gals in my ward and made it back at 1215. Sam had just gotten out five minutes ago...but i was in TROUBLE! I saw the mullers car circling and she jumped out...
"why you not here at 12? Now vee are late for lunch."
Nobody told me to be here at 12.
"yes, yes, but vee are supposed to have lunch between 12 and 1230"
But Sam came out only twelve minutes ago, even if I came at 12, we'd still have to wait"
"yes, but vee are late! you are supposed to meet us"
NO ONE TOLD ME TO BE HERE AT NOON!!!
"oh, i didn't know..."
Good grief. So we drove to Glion. It was a BEAUTIFUL drive. We arrived at Brother Muller's sister's house on the top of the hill overlooking the city by the lake. The view was breathtaking and it totally reminded me of the old Disney movie, Heidi. Anne Marie was soooooooooooo nice. We lunched on the hilltop in her garden and then she took us on a tour of her hotel school where some jewish refugees stayed during WW2. WOW! It looked like a castle. We were so high up i felt like i was going to fall off. Oh, there is a funny story about the train...but we'll tell you later. we even got part of it on tape...the lady (sis muller) really is a nut. Oh the stories we have to tell! It was pretty late in the day when we finally made it back home. The mullers really are very nice and generous. They took us to so many places and bought some goodies for us as well...so i really can't stay mad at sis muller. but then again...she can be so frustrating. she is the most feisty, pushy, and craziest person i have EVER met! remind me to tell you about the time she said, "oh, vee thought zat vee ver perfect parents vhen vee ver younger too"
Church was great today. sam and i gave talks on temples and temple work. there is also a philipino baby snatcher in our ward and she's fallen in love with isaiah...and i think isaiah thinks she's just as awesome. she's a cute leedle old philly lady. oh, isaiah got a bit frisky in sacrament today...he crawled up to some woman and started playing with her pantyhose. i had to get him outta there with a quickness! oopsie. the people in our ward are soooo nice and friendly. we really love the ward. we had dinner with two of the families in our ward. its great because so many people have young babies isaiah's age, so he isn't so lonely. well, i better go...this email is already too long. Plus, i need to get rested up for another day with sis muller! 
love you all, 
monika

*************************************

Hello Crowfeet, oxoxox
I have been missing all of you and Darrell so much.  Before I forget, Darrell wants your address, or have you all been in touch? Dad is yelling at the kids because the pinons are missing from his bedside.  I had it.  I'm making him share.  The kids picked their own.  Grandma came up and picked what she wanted.  Lots of people are picking along the roadsides.  Grandma Brown came up with Aunt Vee and brought mutton, squash, and corn for me to make a stew for Dad, so that he could get better.  I guess he needed it, he totally loved it.  Grandma Brown does have a talent for visiting the sick. Aunt Vee is starting to go to church again.  She has a more positive aura about her.
Two weeks ago, Window Rock played against Ganado, they won.  I was in the booster club booth the whole time making fry bread.  I wasn't looking forward to it, but they have put in a cement floor, lights, and roofed, which made it very nice.  We will be doing it all over again this coming weekend, I think, its homecoming.This past weekend, we played Tuba City, and lost, I think it was 54 to 0.  We found out that some of the players weren't getting along.  I forgot how long that drive was.  We didn't get back till 1:00 a.m.  Chris is doing good in school and in football, improving all around.  I guess he needed this extra year to grow up enough to go on to the next level.  I am not so afraid for him anymore.  
Speaking of temple trips, we got our recommends renewed today.  Dad has gone two times now without me since I was working.  Work doesn't seem so important anymore.  I really enjoyed our temple trips together.  Maybe the whole purpose of working was just to help get Auntie Annie, Uncle Frank and Uncle Hank started in Worldstock.  It seems that it wouldn't have worked otherwise.  
I'm still getting rid of stuff, 5 bags to Goodwill in Gallup last week, and 5-6 more this week.  It feels so good.  
I'll probably think of other things I wanted to tell you after I send this email.  Oh well.  I love all of you.  Please give Isaiah hugsss and kissesss for me.  Just maybe, you might have been a bit bored if Sis Muller wasn't around.  Have fun.  Mom  oxoxox   

**************************************

hey mom, 
well, your're probably right...i would be bored if i didn't have sister muller around. BUT get this. she called me fat! well, she didn't exactly say that but she wasn't all that polite about it. "you gained 30 pounds when you were pregnant?! zat is ALOT. no vonder you still have alot of kilos (pounds) on you..." but i'm not about to move from here. there are too many benefits. like her feeding us, and brother muller lets us use his car, and there is a washer and dryer here, and we get to watch t.v. in our own leedle bunker. its not like she's all that thin either. anyway, that just really got me mad today. so, i'm enjoying my time alone downstairs with the door closed. when isaiah wakes up we'll go to the park. well, i'm glad that things are working out...so does that mean you won't be working with worldstock anymore? that must be some kind of relief and less stress working with the crazies there...like yavonne. i better go...i'm gonna try and take a leedle nap before isaiah wakes up. love you so much mom, monika

****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment