bonjour,
wow...there is no exlamation point on this keyboard, but wow. geneva is absolutely gorgeous and i can't believe we're here. the past week isaiah and i have been recuperating from the trip but that hasn't stopped sister muller from wanting to take us on an outing every single day. the mullers took us to the huge hilltops just north of geneva. the countryside is magnoufic. but i must say, as nice as these people are...they cannot drive. there are no speed limits and it was crazy to say the least. we took some pics of the hillside and some of isaiah and the mountain cows...i now know why they say that the hills are alive with the sound of music...because they are. there are heards of cows grazing along the green mountains and they all wear bells around their necks...so it sounds like one gigantic windchime. it sounds heavenly. i loved it. yesterday sister muller took me to coppet. it is a quaint village, and it has been around for ages...oh, it took my breath away. the town is just on the edge of the lake as well and is very aged. there are stone arches down the alleyways leading to the lake, thick wooden doors with heavy iron knockers, and fashionable boutiques alongside the cobblestone street. i felt like i had gone back in time. it was amazing. there are swans everywhere too. isaiah loves them. today (saturday) sam, isaiah and i took a trip to "old town". it was a windy day but the scenery was still magnificant. the city is so alive with such a wide variety of people. we also went to the market and bought some snacks since sister muller usually cooks for us. speaking of the mullers, sister muller is overwhelming (double exclamation). she is constantly bombarding us with french, german, and suisse german pronunciations. she is a bit cooky but very nice. to be honest, it was nice to go out just the three of us though. sis muller likes to point out EVERYTHING...and she makes sure we see it. "look, there is honda factory, there is hospitel, look, look. did you see? LOOK." good grief. she can be a handful sometimes but she is very entertaining for sam and i. we just have to roll our eyes and laugh. oh, in old town we saw a chocolatiere. ahh. the chocolat. mmwha. delicious. we went to a fancy boutique..but it was well worth the 15 franks in specialty chocolat. i think we may have taken a chocolat liquor by mistake as well. oopsie. but it was all good. the suisse do have the best chocolate. now, i don't know about the cheese.... sam and i have been going buck wild with the cheese and chocolate...but we had some nasty, stinky cheese today. luckily they were only the small sample cheese. ugh. tasting that cheese made us homesick for some good old cheddar. you can't go wrong with cheddar. but overall, the suisse food that sis muller makes us is very good. i'm glad we live with them, otherwise we'd miss out on the whole authentic food experience. of course there are some dishes that i must hold my nose and swallow...like the moldy cheese. well, maybe it isn't moldy, but it sure tastes like it. so, those are our adventures so far. we've met so many nice people and even had a fondue dinner tonight which was very fun. but i must go to bed now. its 1040 here. isaiah is sleeping and sam is mingling with the family upstairs. i think he might feel bad for not spending the WHOLE day with them today...like we have been. sis muller is so excited to have us, she is trying to squeeze geneva down our throats in one week. hope every one is doing fine. we love and miss you all.
adieu, sam, monika, and isaiah
******************************************
******************************************
hola señor and señorita and le baby,
Sounds great getting the whole sound of music de tour. As for us we're just dealing with usual family things. The kids aren't being too obedient and that's giving mom and I a hard time. Dad is doing his best at work and I'm doing my best at Football. Although I haven't made big improvements I'm not getting worst. We won against Ganado. The score was 24-6 and the crowd was big by half time. I have to get reading and studying for seminary. Thanks for the info' and we love you guys very much and we miss baby. I hope I change a lot when you return home. Physically and spiritually.
Love you guys,
Christopher.
****************************************
****************************************
Bonjour!!!
Thanks for the updates & pictures. I love the green hills. It looks absolutely gorgeous! Keep taking pictures, I want to experience the whole Gevena area by the time you leave.
I've been on vacation for the past week. I'm finally back at work today. I was in PHX for birthday parties & family gatherings.
I'm packing for my next trip in three weeks. Viva Las Vegas, baby! I'm excited. I'm literally trying to drag Pat & Marilee to Vegas with me. Ha....ha.... You have to promise to come join me sometime to one of the tournaments!!
Keep in touch, mars :)
No comments:
Post a Comment