September 22, 2005

The Sniffles. Love, Monika

hey mom and dad, and family,

well, this week has been okay. i think i have the sniffles. so i'm not up to my best. a little tired. but still okay. the ladies in the ward are so nice and have little children isaiah's age. they get together once a week. i think this would be good for isiaiah...and myself.  oh, sister muller is a handful. she's a real cooky lady sometimes. i wonder how she survives in her own country sometimes. i made navajo tacos last night for them and they loved it. so it was good. things have been going well...sam is doing great...not much to do for him at the office as of yet. so thats good cuz he is able to leave early from work sometimes and spend more time with us. yea. everyone LOVES isaiah of course. sister muller is always fussing over him... maybe a little too overbearing sometimes..but i've gotten used to it. it might just be a european thing. european woman are really pushy. so i really have to stand my ground with her sometimes. we'll have some funny stories to tell though. she likes to correct my english and tell me what america is like. when i try to correct anything she says no, no, no...it is THIS way. oh well. she is funny. but i better keep this short. i have laundry to do and i don't want isaiah to get fussy. 

love you all, monika

*****************************************

Hi Sweetie, Sam, and Chei Yazzie:
 
I barely got myself out of bed.  I have been sick in bed all this week.  I saw the doctor on Monday and he indicated that my lungs were infected with some virus (slight pneumonia).  Today is Friday, Bubba is playing in Tuba City and I can't miss it.  He needs to be there to draw strength he says, so I can't let him down.
 
I should feel a lot better tomorrow.  I will continue to rest so I can get well.  I just came into my office to catch up on some important things.  The businesses are both doing well.  The refinancing for Denny's is about to be completed.  That will be a relief for me.  I believe that is causing me all the stresses.
 
I have not heard from Elder Brown this week.  He indicated that he would be leaving sometimes this week or next.  He is anxious to get to Spain so he can go to work.  It sounds like he gets down at times but he keeps going.  Continue to send him some spiritual uplift experiences that you three are having.  Do not tell him that you miss him although you are.  He keeps saying that he misses home at times but we try not to agree with him.  All the kids are keeping the letters going to him.
 
It sounds like Sister Muller is a handful.  From your letters, she reminds me of Old Mother Hubbard.  I am sure they are fine people with good hearts to help out.  Just enjoy it and have fun.  It is only for another three months.  I bet they really enjoyed your Navajo Tacos.  If they have sheep in the area, you might make some mutton stew for them.  I am sure they will enjoy it with the fry bread.
 
Well, my sweats are coming down.  I better go back to bed for now.  We love you three.  Kiss Isaiah for me from "umpa".
 
love dad

*************************************

hey dad, 
i hope you are feeling better. well, i'm sure you got my other email so i'll keep this one short. we're actually just getting over colds ourselves. it hasnt been very fun. it is so hard to find the right kind of medicine, because its all in french. i wish i knew how to speak it. well, i better go, its getting late here. love you lots, monika

****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment