September 6, 2005

I Made it to Switzerland. Love, Sam

Well, 
I made it. 
I have to say that travelling and seeing the world is really something. My trip over was actually not really that bad, I left my family early sunday morning and flew to Dallas where I had a three hour layover, and then I bordered the plane to London. The flight took 9 hours and I was fairly comfortable, I sat beside a British couple who obviously loved to drink, and drank almost the entire flight. It was soo bad that I smelled the alcohol on them seeping through their skin as they were sleeping. I have also learned that European folks as a general rule have breath that is rotten....well at least the ones who I have spent any time with conversing with. 
But I have an open mind.  I awoke mid way through the journey over the Atlantic Ocean and was mesmerized by the gravity of the situation I was in, here I am some  chubby guy from an Indian Reservation enroute to work for the United Nations...what was I thinking?!! I become a little intimiadted....anyways. I watched TV and saw the "longest yard" as the inflight movie, and watched "Friends." I slept a bit and then I awoke again to see an Island in the distance, I found out that I was looking at Ireland!!! I was soooo excited, I saw little towns and villages and even sheep running around in herds (it looked like sheep). All my life I have wanted to see Europe and experience other worlds (not other planets, but worlds that are different from my own)and different cultures. After Ireland I saw the english country side and and it was just like in the movies, my mind was filled with images of Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, Braveheart and all that junk as we touched down in London. After London I flew over to Genevé and I was picked up by the Muller family. and we drove to their house which is only about 5 minutes from the Airport. The Muller family is very nice but I do´not think I can stay with them long. In Switzerland people drive on the left hand side like in America, so it really is going to be great living here. I am missing my wife and child alot, they will join me on the 12th of Sept.
This email has to be cut short, work is already starting.
FYI: I am working for the World Meteorological Organization in the Strategic Planning office.
Holla at me when you get a chance
Sam
 **********************************************

Hi Sam:
Monika and Isaiah left here on Wednesday.  We already missed baby, of course yourself and Monika.
I hope things are coming together for you out east.  The important thing is that once you get an apartment to live in, that resolves a lot of problem.  The three of you need to grow together without any interference, meaning living without strangers.  I am glad to hear that you did get a place to live for your family.
I am sure that 4 months will zoom by.  The other day I was reading an article from the BYU Humanities, it said something about your internship program, thus I understand a little bit more why you did this.
We wanted to see Monika and Isaiah at the airport on Monday, but we just have to wait until you all come home.  Even Elder Brown, we are not planning to visit him at the airport.  We want him to feel that he already left for his mission.  We do not want to make it difficult for him.  I know he is enjoying his mission already.  He writes every week and I am trying to keep up with him.
Well son, take care and you will reunite with your family on Monday or Tuesday.  For your information, both did not feel happy because they missed you.  I tried to keep baby happy, but I could tell that he missed you.  He kept saying "dadda" and that's how I knew he was missing you.  Even Monika, she got ill and she did not look too happy.  I am glad to see that you all care for each others.  That makes us feel that our daughter and our grandson are in good hands.  Thank you for taking care of them.
Love you, Romero

*****************************************


So happy that you arrived safely.  You are going to have a WONDERFUL experience.  I envy you.  Now Monika can actually
see the Alps first hand and sing her heart out in the Alps.   
    Enjoy every second while we here at home are wishing we were with you enjoying it all.  Love you.  Grandma Parson 

***************************************

Hey Sam that is so freaking cool!   I am so proud of you.  I know that at times it can be very intimidating,  although I have no idea what you are going through.  When I arrived in Cambodia I was overwhelmed but I do not think that the two places are very similar.   Just break things down into small tasks and take it from there.  I know that you will do a great job
Love Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment